What is extended rental?
The monthly subscriptions at Oslo Cargo Bike include an unlimited amount of 90 minute trips. If you want to keep a bike for more than 90 minutes, you’ll have to enable extended rental. That lets you have the bike for up to 6 more hours, at a cost of NOK 20 per 15 minute extension. This means that the maximum trip duration is 6 hours with the max amount of 360 NOK
Toggle on and off
- When buying a city bike subscription in the app or on the web, you’ll be offered the option to enable extended rental. That happens in the last step before you pay.
- You may enable or disable the function under your account, in the app or on the web.
- Be aware that you cannot turn extended rental on or off while you have a city bike.
- The payment card used when you bought your subscription will be charged for extended rental.
- Receipts for the payments can be found under your profile on oslovintersykkel.no.
- There you also may change or remove your payment card.
- If you remove your payment card, extended rental will be disabled.
- You will receive an SMS notifying you about 5 minutes before the 90 included minutes runs out.
- On the trips where you go over 90 minutes, you’ll get an SMS when the trip ends. There you’ll get a summary of how much your card will be charged.
- You will also get an SMS if you return your bike too late.
Extended rental without app
You may also use extended rental when unlocking bikes at the bike stations. First you’ll have to turn on extended rental as described above.
What happens if I return the bike too late?
- If you return a bike too late, you’ll get a warning. This warning is visible in the app and when you log in to oslovintersykkel.no.
- If you’re too late a second time, your account will be blocked.
- Please contact us if you have any questions, in the app or by sending an email to email@example.com.